Friday, June 11, 2010

11 June 2010

For once, the monsoons have entered our place at the right time. After humid grey mornings, in the evening we can feel cold straight drops of rain piercing your back if you happen to be out. Well coming to that, it can pierce your front too, but you wont have the grit to stand against such chattering rain that way. And then, there's grandma here, cooking hot spicy food every day. And then, there are the mangoes delicious, rich, sweet, glorious, glorious mangoes, oh god. I can't count the number of them I've had this summer. And there are friends available. Summer hols. and all. Some passing by reader would think of this as a wonderful summer, nah, no, this is by far one of the worst summers I've had, with not enough play...as suddenly all my pals seemed to remember their 'age' or rather I'm afraid I admit they're slipping into the middle age laziness at 18. Can't do a damn thing about anything if people stay stuck to their pc's all night, wake up late and again get stuck to their pc's and at about 7 in the evening, come down for a while for a little gossip and small talk. Geez! they aren't even singing free anymore and they'd probably murder me in my sleep for writing all that. But I'll write more. They're all good, happy, cool people. But I liked the confused, energetic, erreneous ones. It was nice. All those fights in the game.
I'll tell you what it was like before.
I used to wake up at 5 am or they'd call me then. I'd brush, take my 'lucky' badminton racket(s) and a book inside the cover...all the coins and little notes and stick them again in the badminton cover...then wear the shoulder strap and blue and white nike(gosh, all that play ripped one pair off).. and then...all jingling with the rattling loose change music I'd go to seven hills. And then there'd be a couple of em already awake..and we'd decide who'd go to whose house to plague and pull em off their beauty sleep. I'd mostly volunteer to go to my best buddie's house and trust me she can be the laziest slimy thing alive before waking up. Personally I believe she used to have compact Trojan wars inside her head on whether or not to surrender her precious dreams to idiot friends. And she, her sis and we used to all go down in our slacks and start the badminton...well, that was the year before...last year, after losing amazing sets of 8 matches in a row with various partners and various reasons, I gave up badminton...and took to simply running around trying to play leg-touch with all those who didnt have the space to occupy the court...but all those years before last..we used to start badminton and play like..till ten, with sore hands...and all those little stones everywhere on the road and around, used to get little black clots in our feet for atleast two of us everyday. Then all tired and stuff, we'd collect the change and buy water packets and those one or two and a half rupee maaza packets..and I'd go home dragging my feet, wishing I lived this side of the street..., 10 blocks closer, 9 blocks closer..and so on till I reached home..by that time, most probably mum would've gone to the office..and I'd sleep it off...afternoon was t.v. time... some of them in seven hills preferred to spend it playing uno and other card games. Then we'd go off in the evening, and I loved them pretty dearly too, because we'd play these chillar games with lots of running around, falling down and laughter. We'd play, out-out, cho-cho, current shock, chain cut, hide and seek and such miscelleneous games and on some ill-fated evenings we played even kabaddi. By 8.30 or so, we'd again be too hurt with all those uneven bits of tar road stones stuck into our feet and the evening wind gets simply too irresistable to be forgotten in speedy games, then we'd sit and play antakshari or dumb charade ( that's dumsharaatz you know) and they were so refreshing after all that play and stuff... they weren't those girly games we laughed about anymore. They were those group games we laughed in an entirety of good humor and happiness.
As the clock's hand starts crossing nine, one or many mums would be screaming from the apartments at one or many of their respective kids...and we'd slowly grow thinner in number. That would be when I'd realize I can't stay on the road singing with pals all night .. then I'd start the bargaining with people on how far they'd accompany me home. Usually it's the temple, but then temple turns out into the car, car turns out into the tree, and then they'd all be lined up on the left and right because I whine I'm too cluttered to cross the road and they'd believe and help me across it..then the girls go home...but the guys come on till home.. I usually tell them I'd give them lemonade, but I know I dont have to. They'll know it'll be too late to drop into. All along the way, we'd talk of all the so called 'item' candidates. The funniness of our friends, the funniness of our 'not so friendly friends' and so on and so forth, and playing around in between. I'd end up wishing home was a block away, 2 blocks away and so on and so forth. It's nice to have pals who stay close and come by with wings at the least intimation.
And now, we barely see each other every 3 or 4 days. We're busy, I know. But we had been busy before too. We couldnt possibly have a tighter scheduled plan than those Eamcet years we played through... Sigh. And there go the bacha party too Ja-kun. All too old to run. But we'd stay young, wont we dear? And weds never ever say no to leg-touch, darling darling ja, darling darling pals.
It's been five glorious summers since we started playing together.
That'd be a semi-decadal celebration for me I suppose. And yes, thank you guys for sticking by through all those times i screamed, fussed, lectured, chased, apologised and ate your heads. Whether or not we go on playing and screaming, fussing, lecturing, chasing and apologising, stay in touch. Man, I didn't believe time passed by so quickly. But I suppose, through happy times it always does and ends up assimilated into sweet memories and significant lessons.

15 comments:

Hari said...

It`s Not That The Time Has Passed By Quickly,or we grew older,or sum people are lazy,or sum people Get Stuck To Their Pc`s all Day,Or Sum People Are To Busy To Spend Time Playin...It`s Just That People Change....as we did!! Once A Time all Used To Come Down To Talk For A Little While AFter The Whole Day Stayin at The College,School,or wateve.... Now Everyone Come's Down wen we call them but in the next few minutes,maybe seconds a same dailouge come`s outa everyone`s mouth"I Am Getting Bored"....I Jus Got Fed Up Listening to that sentence for every evening from the past two months...!! past years as you said Everyone Came Down,Met,Talked,Played,ate,Had Fun,... but Every1 Changed Now,Way Of Thinkin Changed,Way They Talk Changed,Time They Can Spare Changed...everythn Everythn Changed...!!We Barely See Each Other Everyday..Every1 Busy In Their Own Way!! sum wid their college frnd`s..sum wid their mobile,sum lazy even 2 get sum flrs dwn to meet ppl,sum busy wid their studies... we even played dis summer,njoyd,Had Fun,B`day Parties,..but in no way comparision to previous years..
Time Changed...Year`s Passed By...People Changed..!!!

Yushka said...

Lol. Contradicted me and said the same thing.

Kavitha Chetana said...

i don't know how much fun you had in the summers, but i tell you...i've never smiled with friends since 2000...i forgot i used to play, i forgot i had friends, i forgot i had a life that was much more carefree.

Hari said...

i explained The Main Imp. thing whch u wrte in brief manner...!!!hmm...

Yushka said...

Chetu I'm sorry for you.

Unknown said...

Way of thinking towards each other didnt change.people come down when someone calls coz they are not aware who is available at that particular time.each one of us is busy with their own schedule.for instance i dont prefer to call sindhu coz i think i might disturb her.so i always text her.its the same with others.one girl is busy with her industrial training.one had a nose surgery,one doesnt have holidays,etc etc.i know all these are lame excuses.we should make out time.when you are willing to,u will.


sindhu,im free from tuesday.lol.

Stories By A wimpy Boy said...

Happy Days

Om said...

am ready for the leg-touch game....Haha
Well, it was not tough for me at my teenage to call my friends. In fact, I need not have to specially call anyone to come out...Thanks for the perfect power-cut timings out in the evening...LOL

Yushka said...

@ja: Hahha.. sure, then tuesday it is.
@Om: Hahha, our laptops are battery powered and you're welcome for the legtouch anytime :D

cheguevara said...

i am feeling jealious

Stories By A wimpy Boy said...

oops its Jealous you people rock ha ha ha

Hari said...

@sindhu...Way Of Thinkin HAs Perfectly...Damn Surely Changed... nd u urself tld everythn nd atlast again agreed dey wer lame excuses...!!!
"one girl is busy with her industrial training.one had a nose surgery,one doesnt have holidays,"
even i`m tryn 2 say da same thn... as we grew our priorities change....tym we can spare for each other changed.. PEOPLE CHANGED...!!!
@om...yah perfect power-cut timings out in the evening.. u ppl njoyd...!!!
@Cheguevera... didn`t understand...y u feelin jealous... nd watz dere to say we rock...???

Stories By A wimpy Boy said...

who had nose surgery

Yushka said...

@ wimpy boy: Sunny boy had it.

Stories By A wimpy Boy said...

when no one said me how is he feeling now

Post a Comment